This Orisa CDC, both directly and through member organizations, will offer high quality social programs and initiatives that will support the social, cultural, and religious development of the Orisa Community. These and other initiatives will seek to give aid and support to the Orisa community and reclaim and preserve the tradition and cultural practices that enable its self-expression.
Bridge To Africa:
This program offers high quality authentic cultural and social justice initiatives that seek to reclaim traditional folklore and cultural practices as well as empower communities to have purposeful exchanges that build self-sufficiency and support.
The Orisa CDC intends to meet these goals through:
- Cultural tours and exchanges to lands where Yoruba tradition is practiced
- Humanitarian missions to lands where Yoruba tradition is practiced
- Restoration and preservation of cultural historical sites
This program is designed to provide resources for education, worship, advocacy and social actions that nurture Yoruba spiritual and cultural identity, spiritual growth, and that strengthen and preserve cultural traditions. Exploring spirituality, meaning and experience is central to the Yoruba faith, and faith development is central to our religious education.
We intend to offer the following:
- Development of spiritual/history/theology curriculum for adults led by a consortium of community elders<
- Support and development of after school programs